With the damaging effects of coronavirus diseases (COVID-19) worldwide, they have greatly impacted the lives of entrepreneurs, office workers, students, and other people’s way of living. Many enterprises have closed down indefinitely with cancelled flights among travelers and work stoppage in most corners of the world.
“Stay at home’ has become a global call to put a stop to the increasing virus infection. This led to the creation of new routines and innovative ways to spend with your families during the lockdown period. While others who get infected succumb to death or difficulty of the severe symptoms, many asymptomatic patients are advised to follow 14-day self-quarantine.
The challenging times during COVID-19 pandemic
As the whole world adjusts to living a normal life despite the pandemic, many of the office-based staff are compelled to work from home. Ensuring most people remain inside their homes is the best way to protect themselves and their family members from the deadly strain of COVID-19. It is a vital undertaking to help “flatten the curve” of daily infection cases that put pressure on everyone to prevent themselves from greatly and severely hit and eventually die.
Combating boredom and overcoming mental issues
Amid quarantine period and social distancing reminders as the norm among the authorities and media personnel, “staying at home” for weeks could cause boredom while others are already complaining of living a stagnant daily life, especially to those with an active lifestyle and do not stay for a long period at home.
Below are simple tasks to organize and helpful tips to structure your day. They can provide you with a sense of control and provide insights on how to best survive during COVID-19 lockdown.
1. Reflect and meditate. Take deep breaths into your nose and out through your mouths. When was the last time you remained calm and simply listened to your inner voice? What does this pandemic teach you about what is essential in life?
2. Create a journal highlighting your gratitude. List the things where you are grateful for. Be thankful for those simple things you possess and the things that you are asking for, thinking in advance you will get them. How you perceive things matters a lot. A grateful heart makes a happy heart.
3. Send notes. Draft ‘thank you cards’ that you should have done on your to-do list for the past years. Write letters to your loved ones and friends. Give ‘thank you notes’ to people whom you remember have spent time serving you. This can make you feel good to maintain some connection offline. Send these letters to them via snail mail to provide more personal touch.
4. Find an ideal workspace. While working during the lockdown period, it is best to find an exclusive and optimal work environment. Avoid places where you usually rest, especially your bedroom. Choose a workspace that enables you to focus well and feel comfortable. One best option is near a window where there is good ventilation and enough sunlight.
5. Follow routines and regular schedules. Make it a habit by setting up a study period or daily working regimen. Create an easy-to-follow timetable, prioritizing your activities and organizing vital tasks that need to get done right away.
6. Strike a balance in your daily activities. Your daily tasks should not only be focused on work and study. When planning your day, include other activities like in-between breaks, regular exercises, and time to socialize. During the lockdown period, every day represents new challenges. When you plan them effectively, you can use your time wisely and take advantage of them. Keeping your healthy routine in check is vital. Some work deviations are essential to eliminate boredom. Also, you can create a list of more effective priorities by listing a weekly to-do list instead of daily activities.
7. Plan out your tasks to work well. As COVID-19 has confined us to our homes, it is best to work with some flexibility. Take time to learn yoga. Aside from the health benefits and increasing your serotonin levels, activities that make you sweat can help you improve your work. Even low-intensity exercise can boost your energy levels, thus enabling you to complete your daily to-do list.
8. Create boundaries. Separate your working from your living space, especially if you have kids at home. Any form of distraction can kill your productivity by dragging your attention away to something else. Diverting away from your tasks occasionally is a good idea. Keep away from the computer once in a while but bring a pad and pen with you. Longhand writing promotes creativity and problem-solving while writing journals is an effective way to widen your attention span.
9. Set time for breaks. Like exercise, you may experience some downtime. Schedule breaks and make them part of your daily routine. This can recharge your energy and help achieve your goals effectively. You may use the Pomodoro technique (time management).
10. Organize your emails. Spend 15–30 minutes deleting and filing emails daily. This can lighten your inboxes in a short period with amazing results in dealing with your emails.
11. List your 2020 goals. Some are fond of listing their goals at the start of the year. If you have not done this yet, today is a good time to create one. This will help you visualize your life after the pandemic and prioritize your tasks in the coming months. If you created a list, revise it accordingly. If you are drafting a new one, ensure to add home projects that you need to complete, things you want to do with your loved ones, and other career goals.
12. Stay contact. Today, distance is no longer a barrier to communication. You can make video calls and use chats to ensure active communication with your family, friends, professional contacts and colleagues. Always get in touch with your teams and regular contacts. Use the technology to your advantage.
13. Disconnect to the online world if needed. Keeping a distance from using the internet at home can sometimes be difficult. However, you need to know your timeline for every task. With this, you can avoid saturation and frustration, enabling you to work with motivation to accomplish your daily routine.
14. Learn something new. Work may slow down for people during a pandemic. However, this can also provide a good opportunity. Think about what other things you can do during the downtime and develop another task to make your work or business more interesting. Do something to keep yourself active. You might not get this chance to learn something new again. Use this time wisely.
15. Keep a positive attitude. Focus on the present and what you can do. Think of what motivates you to keep moving forward in your daily life. This may be a complex period but these are the challenges that define who we are as people. Be strong and keep on moving forward.
A lockdown is a difficult period and nobody is used to isolation. However, if we manage our time wisely and set a flexible schedule with our daily activities, we can take advantage of these trying times.
Use this opportunity to let your rich ideas grow. Take time to reassess and reevaluate your 2020 goals that you set at the start of the year. Perhaps, you plan to have your own business or you have an investment idea. You may have thought of building an e-commerce store or want to save a thousand dollars or more for a future investment.
AladiEx: We make things happen
During these times, it is a good thing to know more about AladiEx. As a digital platform, AladiEx seeks to help those micro, small and medium enterprises to raise the funds they need using blockchain technology. Let your idea flow to the launchpad. Instead of pitching against other people, you’re talking to seasoned experts. They are fundraising champions who are smart investors. Every community has an opportunity to become part of your idea and help you fund your project through our launchpad.
No matter how small or big your dream is, we want you to be our partner and help achieve your dreams. AladiEx is created to help realize every dream. Visit our website at https://aladiex.io/ for more details.
Plan ahead for the future
Many of us want more ‘me’ time at home to get things done. Luckily, you now have it. Use this opportunity to do some cleaning, organizing and planning to enable you to feel more in control and save your time. Also, this can provide you a sense of accomplishment.
Be deliberate in selecting the tasks to focus on. Choose activities that are positive, heartwarming, stress-reducing, laughter-inducing and financially-rewarding. Together, we can get through this.
F𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗦𝗼𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗠𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗮 𝗦𝗶𝘁𝗲𝘀
TELEGRAM CHANNEL: http://t.me/AladiExchange
TELEGRAM CHANNEL: https://t.me/AladiEx